This issue of Client Earth's EUTR News provides an update on the operation of the EU’s law to address illegal logging, the EU Timber Regulation (EUTR), from March 2017 to March 2018. As...
Sourcing Legal Timber 2.0
NEPCon invite the timber industry, authorities as well as other stakeholders to the Sourcing Legal Timber 2.0 event, a free international conference being held on 15th of March near London. The final event in NEPCon's ‘Supporting Legal Timber Trade’ project focuses on EU Timber Regulation and aims to (subject to change):
- avoid common due diligence pitfalls
- gain access to insights on key risks and how to deal with them
- understand how the enforcement authorities evaluate your performance
- understand how conducting quality due diligence makes good business sense
- promote your compliance
- gain an overview of the vast jungle of free info and tools available and how to use them
- plan for future sourcing
- understand how technological advances in timber traceability and verification can help improve the efficiency and credibility of your due diligence system
- connect and exchange experiences with timber-related companies, trade associations, technical experts and relevant organisations from across Europe
For any queries please contact Ann Weddle on [email protected] or +44 7491 812337.