If you have flooring made from taun (a type of hardwood timber) then it may have been illegally sourced from forests in Papua New Guinea on which indigenous people depend. The country exports over 85...
Innovation Forum: How business can tackle deforestation
This debate-driven business conference is designed to provide delegates with the practical guidance necessary to build and implement effective zero deforestation commitments.
This event will bring together key players from business, government, NGOs and the investment community - and discuss the challenges faced in removing deforestation from corporate supply chains and how to overcome them.
Some of the core themes include:
- From policy to implementation: in-depth, constructive analysis on the impact of company policies for zero deforestation supply chains
- Defunding deforestation: what actions are financial institutions taking?
- Innovative technology for tracking, tracing and monitoring: discover the latest innovations available for business to stay on top of their supply chains
- Sustainable procurement: effective strategies to best align internal priorities and engage buyers to ensure procurement teams are on side
- Incentivising ‘middle men’: what can buyers do to engage traders to act on deforestation related traceability?
- Changing government priorities: what is the future role of business in driving the anti-deforestation agenda, as governments neglect climate change and environmental issues?
Through a series of interactive workshops, we’ll also address:
- Human rights violations on plantations: practical solutions to tackling slave labour and other abuses found in palm oil supply chains
- The road ahead for certification: how will certification be affected by market consolidation and corporate changes?
- Commodity focus: detailed case studies around cocoa, soy and viscose supply chains
- Cracking jurisdictional and landscape approaches: practical steps to ensure engagement from all relevant stakeholders to unlock their full potential.
For more information and to register for the event visit the Innovation Forum website.