This material has been funded by UKaid from the Department for International Development, with additional support from the European Forest Institute's EU FLEGT Facility. The EU FLEGT Facility is funded by the European Union, the Governments of Finland, France, Germany, the Netherlands and the United Kingdom, and the European Forest Institute. However the views expressed do not necessarily reflect the official policies and views of either DfID or EFI.
Principal Lecturer / Development Consultant
Centre for International Development and Training (CIDT), University of Wolverhampton
Address: Telford Campus, Shifnal Road, Priorslee, Telford, TF2 9NT, UK
Tel: +44 (0)1902 323219
Email Des Mahony here.
My general areas of interest are:
- Project design, review, management and capacity building for forestry/ agro-forestry/community forestry. Forest governance is a part of this.
- Trainer in PCM and RBM, training of trainers, & participatory tools.
My experience incluces:
- Anthropology, forestry & education.
- 2 years trainer in forest extension in Somalia, 1984-6.
- 3 months review of forest extension approaches in Sudan, 1989.
- Coordinator of annual 14 week course ‘Forestry: People & Participation’ primarily for Indian forest officers, 1992-1997.
- 5 years social forestry project management and capacity building in Malawi (1997-2003).
- Annual reviews of DFID Illegal logging programme, 2004-9.
- Director of ‘Improving forest governance course, June 2010.
- Director of new EU funded project (2011-15) on FLEGT capacity building in Cameroon, Liberia, Ghana & DRC.